Only a few understand the importance of budget in their daily lives. It is complicated for most, hence they choose to ignore it. The objective was to break down the impact of the Union Budget for the common man
The teams at FoxyMoron, Pollen & The Rabbit Hole organised a Facebook LIVE, where Akhilesh Bhargava, Business Editor of HW News, Ajay Kakkar, CMO of Aditya Birla Capital and lifestyle vlogger Mumbiker Nikhil as the voice of the common man, got together to simplify the budget. Nikhil also promoted the topic on his vlog and social media. A LIVE simulcast was also conducted on India Today that primarily focussed on the question- “Will the budget put the money back in the wallet of the common man?”
1. The topic trended at #3 on YouTube All India.
2. 85% engagement rate on the influencer’s stories on Instagram.
3. The campaign garnered a 40 million reach.
4. The video received 12 million views.
5. The campaign was a success as it clarified the impact of the Union Budget in layman terms. Moreover, audience queries were resolved in real time, which was also helpful for the digital audience watching the Live.
6. This campaign won Silver in the Best Content Marketing- Influencer/ Celebrity category, Silver in the Best Content Marketing- Social Media category and Bronze in the Channel/ Media Strategy (Use of Social Media) category at the e4m Content Marketing Awards 2020.